St. Andrew's Priory girls play Lady Gaga medley in cathedral | Schools
The St. Andrew's Priory School advanced intermediate concert band rocked a capacity audience from the altar of the stately Cathedral of St. Andrew on Wednesday (May 25) night with Lady Gaga music.
The girls, under the direction of Gordon Tokishi, performed Poker Face, Bad Romance (above video) and Just Dance.
They started with selections from Phantom of the Opera.
The select wind ensemble closed the night with a medley of Motown hits (Stop! In the Name of Love, I Can't Help Myself, I Heard It Through the Grapevine, Got To Be There, The Way You Do The Things You Do, Reach Out and Touch Somebody's Hand, Superstition, Living For The City, Someday We'll Be Together, and Baby, I Need Your Lovin'.
So many people attended the concert, which also included the beginning and intermediate bands, that a few sat on the floor.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia