St. Andrew's Priory girls play Lady Gaga medley in cathedral | Schools
The St. Andrew's Priory School advanced intermediate concert band rocked a capacity audience from the altar of the stately Cathedral of St. Andrew on Wednesday (May 25) night with Lady Gaga music.
The girls, under the direction of Gordon Tokishi, performed Poker Face, Bad Romance (above video) and Just Dance.
They started with selections from Phantom of the Opera.
The select wind ensemble closed the night with a medley of Motown hits (Stop! In the Name of Love, I Can't Help Myself, I Heard It Through the Grapevine, Got To Be There, The Way You Do The Things You Do, Reach Out and Touch Somebody's Hand, Superstition, Living For The City, Someday We'll Be Together, and Baby, I Need Your Lovin'.
So many people attended the concert, which also included the beginning and intermediate bands, that a few sat on the floor.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable