Woman dies following Kalihi pedestrian accident | News
A 53-year-old Wahiawa woman is dead after she was hit by a vehicle on Kamehameha Highway and Middle Street Tuesday morning.
According to officials, the woman was identified as Evelyn Ogata-Rose.
The accident happened at 5:49 a.m. Police shut down the mauka corner of Puuhale Road and the Kamehameha Highway-Dillingham Boulevard intersection for part of the morning. The roads were later reopened.
The woman was transported to the hospital in extremely critical condition, where she later died.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable