Man killed in overnight accident on Likelike Highway | News
A man was killed after being struck by a van on Likelike Highway.
According to officials, it happened at around 11:20 p.m. Tuesday.
Police say the man was roughly 10 feet north of the crosswalk at Wilson Street when he was hit.
"Witnesses state that the van had the green light at the time the collision occurred," said Lt. David Nilsen from HPD's Traffic Division. "At this time it does not appear speed or alcohol were factors in this collision."
The man was taken to the hospital in critical condition where he later died.
At this time, he has not been identified.
Police say the driver of the van, a 37-year-old woman, was not injured in the crash.
All Kaneohe-bound lanes of Likelike Highway are open.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free July Events and Screening of "Lego Movie"
- WAIKIKI AQUARIUM’S DISTINGUISHED LECTURE SERIES TO SHINE SPOTLIGHT ON THE CONTEMPORARY CHALLENGE OF
- CBP Raises More Than $44,000 for Aloha United Way's 2014 Pacesetter Campaign
- Hale Kipa receives a $100,000 grant from the Hau‘oli Mau Loa Foundation for "Paws for a Cause"
- Chris Deuchar Returns to Hale Kipa’s Board of Directors
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager