Man killed in overnight accident on Likelike Highway | News
A man was killed after being struck by a van on Likelike Highway.
According to officials, it happened at around 11:20 p.m. Tuesday.
Police say the man was roughly 10 feet north of the crosswalk at Wilson Street when he was hit.
"Witnesses state that the van had the green light at the time the collision occurred," said Lt. David Nilsen from HPD's Traffic Division. "At this time it does not appear speed or alcohol were factors in this collision."
The man was taken to the hospital in critical condition where he later died.
At this time, he has not been identified.
Police say the driver of the van, a 37-year-old woman, was not injured in the crash.
All Kaneohe-bound lanes of Likelike Highway are open.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day
- Mid-Pacific students aid kids' cancer research with ice cream malasadas sale