Man killed in overnight accident on Likelike Highway | News
A man was killed after being struck by a van on Likelike Highway.
According to officials, it happened at around 11:20 p.m. Tuesday.
Police say the man was roughly 10 feet north of the crosswalk at Wilson Street when he was hit.
"Witnesses state that the van had the green light at the time the collision occurred," said Lt. David Nilsen from HPD's Traffic Division. "At this time it does not appear speed or alcohol were factors in this collision."
The man was taken to the hospital in critical condition where he later died.
At this time, he has not been identified.
Police say the driver of the van, a 37-year-old woman, was not injured in the crash.
All Kaneohe-bound lanes of Likelike Highway are open.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia