U.S. News & World Report Ranks Myron B. Thompson Academy among Hawaii’s Top 2012 Public High School | News
U.S. News & World Report ranks Myron B. Thompson Academy (MBTA) among Hawai‘i’s top public high schools, according to the newly released 2012 ranking of 21,776 U.S. public high schools nationwide. In a review of 65 Hawai‘i public high schools, MBTA is one of 14 schools listed as the best in Hawai‘i and was awarded a national bronze medal for notable academic excellence.
“National recognition of Myron B. Thompson Academy’s academic achievements is truly an honor,” says MBTA principal Diana Oshiro. “MBTA students excel in our combined virtual and in-school learning environment because we employ cutting-edge technology and innovative teaching techniques to teach traditional core curriculum.”
Based on the report, MBTA had the best composite academic score of any bronze medal school in the state. MBTA students scored above the state averages for reading and math proficiency with a whopping 87% proficiency in reading and 59% proficiency in math. Hawai‘i public high schools averaged 65% proficiency in reading and 33% proficiency in math.
Myron B. Thompson Academy is a hybrid K-12 public charter school that provides high quality standards-based curriculum to a diverse demographic of over 400 students on Kaua‘i, O‘ahu, Moloka‘i, Maui and Hawai‘i. Founded in 1996 as Hawai‘i E-Charter, the school formally changed its name to Myron B. Thompson Academy (MBTA) in August 2002. All MBTA courses meet state standards and state education goals. Core curriculum focuses on arts, math, science, social studies, foreign languages and physical education. Visit www.ethompson.org for more information.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day