Police look for suspect after critical stabbing near Mayor Wright Housing | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - For the second time in less than a week, police are investigating a stabbing that occurred near the Mayor Wright housing project in the Liliha area.
Emergency crews said they responded to a call near the intersection of North King Street and Dillingham Boulevard at around 3 a.m. Sunday. A 34-year-old man was rushed to the Queen's Medical Center in critical condition.
Honolulu police described the suspect as a black male in his 50s.
Sunday's stabbing comes three days after police say John Sukuruta stabbed a 30-year-old man four times. Sukuruta, 24, faces one count of second-degree attempted murder.
Related story: Man charged with attempted murder in Kalihi stabbing
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable