Police look for suspect after critical stabbing near Mayor Wright Housing | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - For the second time in less than a week, police are investigating a stabbing that occurred near the Mayor Wright housing project in the Liliha area.
Emergency crews said they responded to a call near the intersection of North King Street and Dillingham Boulevard at around 3 a.m. Sunday. A 34-year-old man was rushed to the Queen's Medical Center in critical condition.
Honolulu police described the suspect as a black male in his 50s.
Sunday's stabbing comes three days after police say John Sukuruta stabbed a 30-year-old man four times. Sukuruta, 24, faces one count of second-degree attempted murder.
Related story: Man charged with attempted murder in Kalihi stabbing
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia