Police look for suspect after critical stabbing near Mayor Wright Housing | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - For the second time in less than a week, police are investigating a stabbing that occurred near the Mayor Wright housing project in the Liliha area.
Emergency crews said they responded to a call near the intersection of North King Street and Dillingham Boulevard at around 3 a.m. Sunday. A 34-year-old man was rushed to the Queen's Medical Center in critical condition.
Honolulu police described the suspect as a black male in his 50s.
Sunday's stabbing comes three days after police say John Sukuruta stabbed a 30-year-old man four times. Sukuruta, 24, faces one count of second-degree attempted murder.
Related story: Man charged with attempted murder in Kalihi stabbing
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Hawaiian Springs Water Expands into Albertsons Markets in California and the Southwest
- Hawaiian Legacy Hardwoods Honored as One of Best Environmental Businesses in World
- Alleged Kapahulu bank robber arrested
- Third Annual “BikeUHM” in tandem with UH Manoa Earth Day Festival
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant