HPU cheer squads win big at National Championships in Florida | News
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida (HawaiiNewsNow) – The large co-ed cheer team from Hawaii Pacific University is tops in the nation—for the tenth consecutive year.
HPU's large and small co-ed cheer teams took first place in the National Cheerleaders Association and National Dance Alliance Championships on Friday in Daytona Beach, while the school's dance team placed third in the Dance Open II category and fourth in the Hip-Hop category.
It was the small co-ed team's sixth overall NCA/NDA title, after having won championships between 2005 and 2008 before going winless until last year.
The NCA/NDA Collegiate Cheer and Dance Championship brings cheer and dance teams together from across the nation every year. More than 5,000 student athletes compete across a variety of disciplines and divisions.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day