Traffic Alert: Gas pipeline work closes lanes on Punahou & S. Beretania | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Gas Company continues to perform emergency repair work Friday on its underground utility pipeline located at the intersection of South Beretania and Punahou Streets.
The work was expected to last from 8:30 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. The Gas Company says the closure will run through the evening commute.
The work has resulted in the closure of the three left ewa bound lanes on South Beretania Street and the two left makai bound lanes on Punahou Street.
Police are on site and sign boards will be posted to help direct motorists around the construction area.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Republic of Korea Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to Hawaii's Public Libraries
- The Republic of Korean Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to HSPLS
- Mid Pacific Institute Sixth Graders Raising Funds to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Hawaiian Telcom Celebrates Total Entertainment Kiosk Grand Opening
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Raises $3,000 and Restores Land During its Annual “Zip for the Trees” Event