Traffic Alert: Gas pipeline work closes lanes on Punahou & S. Beretania | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Gas Company continues to perform emergency repair work Friday on its underground utility pipeline located at the intersection of South Beretania and Punahou Streets.
The work was expected to last from 8:30 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. The Gas Company says the closure will run through the evening commute.
The work has resulted in the closure of the three left ewa bound lanes on South Beretania Street and the two left makai bound lanes on Punahou Street.
Police are on site and sign boards will be posted to help direct motorists around the construction area.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable