None injured in Chinatown boarding house fire | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Hawaii Fire Department is investigating the cause of a fire Tuesday evening at a boarding house in Chinatown that left one person temporarily without a home.
Firefighters responded to the call just after 6:30 p.m., and reportedly had the fire under control within ten minutes of arriving on scene.
Officials say the fire was confined to one room in the four-story boarding house. Only one person lives in the room where the fire began, and the individual was not injured during the fire.There was enough damage to temporarily displace the person, who was getting assistance from the Red Cross.
There is no damage estimate at this time.
We will have more information on this story as it develops.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRAHAM BUILDERS HELPS STUDENTS' VISION BECOME REALITY AT MANOA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- Twilight Tribute to the Troops!
- USO calls on Hawaii this summer to fire up their grills in support of the troops
- Ocean Safety officials urge public to listen to lifeguards
- Kaiser High School Graduation: Helpful Graduation Info for Guests