Bishop Museum Press goes digital with e-book publications | News
The following information is provided by Stryker, Wiener & Yokota:
Five of the most historically important and popular books by Bishop Museum Press are now available as e-books. Titles available for Kindle, iPad and Nook e-readers include Folktales of Hawai‘i, collected and translated by Mary Kawena Pukui with Laura Green; Ka Po‘e Kahiko: The People of Old; Works of the People of Old, Tales and Traditions of the People of Old by Samuel Kamakau; and A Legendary Tradition of Kamapua‘a, the Hawaiian Pig-God by Lilikalā Kame‘eleihiwa.
An additional ten titles will become available over the next few months including Hawaiian Antiquities by David Malo; ‘Ōlelo No‘eau: Hawaiian Proverbs and Poetical Sayings, collected and translated by Mary Kawena Pukui; Arts and Crafts of Hawaii; Native Planters in Old Hawaii; Native Land and Foreign Desires; Kepelino's Traditions of Hawaii; Fragments of Hawaiian History; Ancient Sites of O‘ahu; Mai Pa‘a I Ka Leo: Historical Voice in Primary Hawaiian Materials, Looking Forward and Listening Back; and the Amy Greenwell Garden Ethnobotanical Guide to Native Hawaiian Plants.
“We’re excited to begin offering our titles in digital format,” said Press Director Ron Cox. “E-books provide another means for extending our reach, offering added convenience and engaging new readers in the rich legacy of storytelling and sharing knowledge, which remain at the heart of the museum’s mission.”
The e-books retail for $9.99 and are available on Amazon.com (for Kindle), Barnes&Noble.com (for Nook), and Apple's iBookstore/iTunes (for iPad).
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day