Occupy Honolulu protestors camp out at HPD headquarters | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Protestors with the Occupy Honolulu movement have made their way to the main Honolulu Police Department station.
On Thursday, they were spotted blocking the entrance near the metal detector.
Protestors made the decision to camp outside on Wednesday afternoon after they claimed city workers improperly seized their items.
One protestor claims he was assaulted by a police officer.
Officials say the protestors' presence could pose a security threat if they remain there.
Stay with HawaiiNewsNow.com for the latest updates.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable