Occupy Honolulu protestors camp out at HPD headquarters | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Protestors with the Occupy Honolulu movement have made their way to the main Honolulu Police Department station.
On Thursday, they were spotted blocking the entrance near the metal detector.
Protestors made the decision to camp outside on Wednesday afternoon after they claimed city workers improperly seized their items.
One protestor claims he was assaulted by a police officer.
Officials say the protestors' presence could pose a security threat if they remain there.
Stay with HawaiiNewsNow.com for the latest updates.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- HUGS Receives $24,000 from Forever Giving for Emergency Airfare Assistance to Seriously Ill Keiki
- Mariah Williams Captures Speech Title
- CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK’S ‘WALKS FOR YOU’ RAISES $100,454 TO BENEFIT FOUR LOCAL NONPROFITS
- McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii Awards $25,000 in Scholarships to Ten Employee-Scholars
- Registration Open for John R. Wooden Basketball Camp, June 3 - 6