Occupy Honolulu protestors camp out at HPD headquarters | News
HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Protestors with the Occupy Honolulu movement have made their way to the main Honolulu Police Department station.
On Thursday, they were spotted blocking the entrance near the metal detector.
Protestors made the decision to camp outside on Wednesday afternoon after they claimed city workers improperly seized their items.
One protestor claims he was assaulted by a police officer.
Officials say the protestors' presence could pose a security threat if they remain there.
Stay with HawaiiNewsNow.com for the latest updates.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia