REHAB Hospital’s Chief Medical Officer named Physician of the Year | Health
Dr. Gary Okamoto, MD, is the recipient of this year's Healthcare Association of Hawaii’s (HAH) Physician of the Year Award for the State of Hawaii. This prestigious award from HAH is given to a healthcare professional who exemplifies a dedication to promoting the use of and access to Hawaii’s continuum of healthcare services for patients.
Board certified in rehabilitation medicine, Okamoto is senior vice president and chief medical officer at Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific (REHAB).
“Dr. Okamoto continues to take care of patients recovering from stroke, brain injury, orthopedic trauma, amputation and other physical impairments. No matter who he is treating, his time is devoted to effective communication with his patients and families and an individualized treatment plan. Working with a inter-disciplinary team, he supports preventive strategies that help keep patients healthy and functioning, connecting with a wide range of resources in the community” said Clair Jones, chief executive officer of REHAB Hospital.
“Against rapidly changing healthcare, Dr. Okamoto is a recognized expert in the delivery of medical rehabilitation services from hospitals to clinics and home throughout Hawaii. This is a well-deserved honor and one that REHAB Hospital can take pride in."
The Physician of the Year award is given to one individual who: excels in the promotion and use of the continuum of care; participates in the provision of care as an active member of the healthcare team; and maintains good standing in the community.
Okamoto, along with other awardees, will be honored during HAH's annual awards and scholarship dinner, to be held May 13 at the Ala Moana Hotel. The HAH awards recognize ongoing commitment to improving access to quality healthcare for all of Hawaii’s residents.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- HUGS Receives $24,000 from Forever Giving for Emergency Airfare Assistance to Seriously Ill Keiki
- Mariah Williams Captures Speech Title
- CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK’S ‘WALKS FOR YOU’ RAISES $100,454 TO BENEFIT FOUR LOCAL NONPROFITS
- McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii Awards $25,000 in Scholarships to Ten Employee-Scholars
- Registration Open for John R. Wooden Basketball Camp, June 3 - 6