REHAB Hospital’s Chief Medical Officer named Physician of the Year | Health
Dr. Gary Okamoto, MD, is the recipient of this year's Healthcare Association of Hawaii’s (HAH) Physician of the Year Award for the State of Hawaii. This prestigious award from HAH is given to a healthcare professional who exemplifies a dedication to promoting the use of and access to Hawaii’s continuum of healthcare services for patients.
Board certified in rehabilitation medicine, Okamoto is senior vice president and chief medical officer at Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific (REHAB).
“Dr. Okamoto continues to take care of patients recovering from stroke, brain injury, orthopedic trauma, amputation and other physical impairments. No matter who he is treating, his time is devoted to effective communication with his patients and families and an individualized treatment plan. Working with a inter-disciplinary team, he supports preventive strategies that help keep patients healthy and functioning, connecting with a wide range of resources in the community” said Clair Jones, chief executive officer of REHAB Hospital.
“Against rapidly changing healthcare, Dr. Okamoto is a recognized expert in the delivery of medical rehabilitation services from hospitals to clinics and home throughout Hawaii. This is a well-deserved honor and one that REHAB Hospital can take pride in."
The Physician of the Year award is given to one individual who: excels in the promotion and use of the continuum of care; participates in the provision of care as an active member of the healthcare team; and maintains good standing in the community.
Okamoto, along with other awardees, will be honored during HAH's annual awards and scholarship dinner, to be held May 13 at the Ala Moana Hotel. The HAH awards recognize ongoing commitment to improving access to quality healthcare for all of Hawaii’s residents.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable