Kaiser Permanente Expands Access to Physician Care | Health
Anita Gambhir, General Surgeon, and Colin Petko, Pediatric Cardiologist, Join the Hawaii Permanente Medical Group
Kaiser Permanente Hawaii today announced two new physicians have joined its medical group, including Anita Gambhir, MD (general surgery), at the Wailuku Clinic on Maui, and Colin Petko, MD (pediatric cardiology), at Moanalua Medical Center. They join over 450 physicians and providers who form the Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG), the state’s largest multi-specialty medical group, providing comprehensive care to Kaiser Permanente’s 230,000-plus members.
Dr. Gambhir earned her medical degree from Albany Medical College in New York and completed her residency at the Hospital of St. Raphael in New Haven, Connecticut. She is board certified in general surgery by the American Board of Surgery. She most recently worked with The Permanente Medical Group, serving as a general surgeon at Kaiser Foundation Hospitals in Manteca and Modesto, California.
Dr. Petko completed his pediatric residency at Kapiolani Hospital for Women and Children after attending medical school in his native Germany. He earned his postdoctoral training at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City (pediatric cardiology and advanced cardiac imaging fellowships) and has done additional fellowship training in pediatric pulmonology in Switzerland. He is board certified in pediatrics and pediatric cardiology.
Kaiser Permanente Hawaii has provided total health to the people of Hawaii for more than 50 years. Care for members is focused on their total health and is guided by their personal physicians, specialists, and team of caregivers. Expert care and medical teams are supported by industry-leading technology advances and tools for health promotion, disease prevention, state-of-the-art care delivery, and world-class chronic disease management. Its physicians are members of the Hawaii Permanente Medical Group, the largest multi-specialty physician group practice in the state of Hawaii. Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to care innovations, clinical research, health education, and the support of community health. Visit kp.org for additional information.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable