Stretch for Yoga Awareness in Hawaii’s Public Schools: A Morning of Yoga for the Entire Family! | Events
Stretch Your Imagination, Hawaii's premier non-profit specializing in creating sustainable yoga programs within Hawaii public schools, will be hosting A Morning of Family Yoga event this Saturday, April 30, at Ala Wai Elementary! The event is an opportunity for Stretch Your Imagination to share its mission and the work it does in Hawaii’s public schools with members of the greater community. The event will offer a morning of yoga for the entire family with free food and drinks from Jamba Juice and Wahoo's as well as a prize giveaway featuring Open Space Yoga and Yoga Hawaii class passes and products from Lululemon, Lily Lotus, and Beyond Yoga!
There will be two adult yoga classes to chose from: Yoga 101 for Beginners with Allison Agee of Open Space Yoga, or Vinyasa Flow with Kara Miller of Yoga Hawaii. (Each class will last 1.5 hours.) While adults take their yoga class, children (ages 5-12) will take part in a Children's Yoga Zone, which will include a Yoga Breathing Zone, Yoga Pose Zone, Yoga Relaxation Zone, Yoga Game Zone, and Yoga Arts and Craft Zone.
Registration for the event begins at 9AM. The prize giveaway will take place at 9:45AM, and the yoga classes and kids zone will begin at 10AM. Classes will be followed by a half hour of free healthy snacks and drinks.
You can register for the event ahead of time by visiting our Morning of Family Yoga page. Cost is $10 per adult and $5 per child.
Come enjoy a morning of family yoga and support Stretch Your Imagination!!
For more information about Stretch Your Imagination or the Morning of Family Yoga event, please visit our website at www.stretchyourimagination.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Hawaiian Springs Water Expands into Albertsons Markets in California and the Southwest
- Alleged Kapahulu bank robber arrested
- Third Annual “BikeUHM” in tandem with UH Manoa Earth Day Festival
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April