Stretch for Yoga Awareness in Hawaii’s Public Schools: A Morning of Yoga for the Entire Family! | Events
Stretch Your Imagination, Hawaii's premier non-profit specializing in creating sustainable yoga programs within Hawaii public schools, will be hosting A Morning of Family Yoga event this Saturday, April 30, at Ala Wai Elementary! The event is an opportunity for Stretch Your Imagination to share its mission and the work it does in Hawaii’s public schools with members of the greater community. The event will offer a morning of yoga for the entire family with free food and drinks from Jamba Juice and Wahoo's as well as a prize giveaway featuring Open Space Yoga and Yoga Hawaii class passes and products from Lululemon, Lily Lotus, and Beyond Yoga!
There will be two adult yoga classes to chose from: Yoga 101 for Beginners with Allison Agee of Open Space Yoga, or Vinyasa Flow with Kara Miller of Yoga Hawaii. (Each class will last 1.5 hours.) While adults take their yoga class, children (ages 5-12) will take part in a Children's Yoga Zone, which will include a Yoga Breathing Zone, Yoga Pose Zone, Yoga Relaxation Zone, Yoga Game Zone, and Yoga Arts and Craft Zone.
Registration for the event begins at 9AM. The prize giveaway will take place at 9:45AM, and the yoga classes and kids zone will begin at 10AM. Classes will be followed by a half hour of free healthy snacks and drinks.
You can register for the event ahead of time by visiting our Morning of Family Yoga page. Cost is $10 per adult and $5 per child.
Come enjoy a morning of family yoga and support Stretch Your Imagination!!
For more information about Stretch Your Imagination or the Morning of Family Yoga event, please visit our website at www.stretchyourimagination.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- HUGS Receives $24,000 from Forever Giving for Emergency Airfare Assistance to Seriously Ill Keiki
- Mariah Williams Captures Speech Title
- CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK’S ‘WALKS FOR YOU’ RAISES $100,454 TO BENEFIT FOUR LOCAL NONPROFITS
- McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii Awards $25,000 in Scholarships to Ten Employee-Scholars
- Registration Open for John R. Wooden Basketball Camp, June 3 - 6