Free computer classes offered to seniors | Events
2011 Great Aloha Run volunteers are offering free basic computer skills classes for seniors sponsored by Weinberg Foundation and Schnitzer Steel Hawaii Corp. The classes are free of charge at the Great Aloha Run office in Iwilei. Ms. Carole Kai, President of the Great Aloha Run, is looking forward to hosting as many senior citizens as possible this summer from May to August.
Computer skills that will will be taught are using the Internet, e-mailing and creating documents. This is a unique project that promotes interaction between generations. The name of this program is "Seniors Helping Seniors Basic Computer Class," coordinated by Rene Mansho. The class is a two hour session and reservations are required.
May 23, 26, 28, 31
June 1, 2, 4, 7, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 27, 29, 30
July 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18, 22, 26, 27, 28
August 1, 3, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
9:00 am, 12:00 pm and 2:30 pm
Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Computer Center
Carole Kai Charities, Inc. Office 418
Kuwili St., Suite 102
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
Please call Rene Mansho at (808) 306 - 1876 to make reservations.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day
- Mid-Pacific students aid kids' cancer research with ice cream malasadas sale