Free computer classes offered to seniors | Events
2011 Great Aloha Run volunteers are offering free basic computer skills classes for seniors sponsored by Weinberg Foundation and Schnitzer Steel Hawaii Corp. The classes are free of charge at the Great Aloha Run office in Iwilei. Ms. Carole Kai, President of the Great Aloha Run, is looking forward to hosting as many senior citizens as possible this summer from May to August.
Computer skills that will will be taught are using the Internet, e-mailing and creating documents. This is a unique project that promotes interaction between generations. The name of this program is "Seniors Helping Seniors Basic Computer Class," coordinated by Rene Mansho. The class is a two hour session and reservations are required.
May 23, 26, 28, 31
June 1, 2, 4, 7, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 27, 29, 30
July 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18, 22, 26, 27, 28
August 1, 3, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
9:00 am, 12:00 pm and 2:30 pm
Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Computer Center
Carole Kai Charities, Inc. Office 418
Kuwili St., Suite 102
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
Please call Rene Mansho at (808) 306 - 1876 to make reservations.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Hawaiian Springs Water Expands into Albertsons Markets in California and the Southwest
- Alleged Kapahulu bank robber arrested
- Third Annual “BikeUHM” in tandem with UH Manoa Earth Day Festival
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April