Free computer classes offered to seniors | Events
2011 Great Aloha Run volunteers are offering free basic computer skills classes for seniors sponsored by Weinberg Foundation and Schnitzer Steel Hawaii Corp. The classes are free of charge at the Great Aloha Run office in Iwilei. Ms. Carole Kai, President of the Great Aloha Run, is looking forward to hosting as many senior citizens as possible this summer from May to August.
Computer skills that will will be taught are using the Internet, e-mailing and creating documents. This is a unique project that promotes interaction between generations. The name of this program is "Seniors Helping Seniors Basic Computer Class," coordinated by Rene Mansho. The class is a two hour session and reservations are required.
May 23, 26, 28, 31
June 1, 2, 4, 7, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 27, 29, 30
July 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18, 22, 26, 27, 28
August 1, 3, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
9:00 am, 12:00 pm and 2:30 pm
Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Computer Center
Carole Kai Charities, Inc. Office 418
Kuwili St., Suite 102
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
Please call Rene Mansho at (808) 306 - 1876 to make reservations.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable