Pacific Roller Derby Welcomes Kona's Echo City Knockouts in friendly bout at Palama Settlement | Events
Oahu's premier roller derby league, Pacific Roller Derby, welcomes the Echo City Knockouts from Kailua Kona to compete in an inter-island friendly bout on Saturday, May 26 at the Palama Settlement Gymnasium. Doors open at 6pm and skating starts at 7pm. Tickets are $7 for General Admission, $5 for students with valid I.D., and kids 12 and under are free.
Pacific Roller Derby will debut their 'B-Team', a 14-player team that is the feeder team for Pacific's All-Star Travel team, the Oahu Hulagans. Pacific's B-Team consists of beginning and intermediate skaters who work hard on the flat track to gain the skills and knowledge required for competitive play.
The Echo City Knockouts will visit from Kailua-Kona. They are one of the many roller derby leagues in Hawaii and promote athleticism, good sportswomanship, and female empowerment through the sport of flat-track roller derby.
To learn more about the Echo City Knockouts, visit http://www.echocityknockouts.com
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Hawaiian Springs Water Expands into Albertsons Markets in California and the Southwest
- Hawaiian Legacy Hardwoods Honored as One of Best Environmental Businesses in World
- Alleged Kapahulu bank robber arrested
- Third Annual “BikeUHM” in tandem with UH Manoa Earth Day Festival
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant