Pacific Roller Derby Welcomes Kona's Echo City Knockouts in friendly bout at Palama Settlement | Events
Oahu's premier roller derby league, Pacific Roller Derby, welcomes the Echo City Knockouts from Kailua Kona to compete in an inter-island friendly bout on Saturday, May 26 at the Palama Settlement Gymnasium. Doors open at 6pm and skating starts at 7pm. Tickets are $7 for General Admission, $5 for students with valid I.D., and kids 12 and under are free.
Pacific Roller Derby will debut their 'B-Team', a 14-player team that is the feeder team for Pacific's All-Star Travel team, the Oahu Hulagans. Pacific's B-Team consists of beginning and intermediate skaters who work hard on the flat track to gain the skills and knowledge required for competitive play.
The Echo City Knockouts will visit from Kailua-Kona. They are one of the many roller derby leagues in Hawaii and promote athleticism, good sportswomanship, and female empowerment through the sport of flat-track roller derby.
To learn more about the Echo City Knockouts, visit http://www.echocityknockouts.com
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable