Pacific Roller Derby Welcomes Kona's Echo City Knockouts in friendly bout at Palama Settlement | Events
Oahu's premier roller derby league, Pacific Roller Derby, welcomes the Echo City Knockouts from Kailua Kona to compete in an inter-island friendly bout on Saturday, May 26 at the Palama Settlement Gymnasium. Doors open at 6pm and skating starts at 7pm. Tickets are $7 for General Admission, $5 for students with valid I.D., and kids 12 and under are free.
Pacific Roller Derby will debut their 'B-Team', a 14-player team that is the feeder team for Pacific's All-Star Travel team, the Oahu Hulagans. Pacific's B-Team consists of beginning and intermediate skaters who work hard on the flat track to gain the skills and knowledge required for competitive play.
The Echo City Knockouts will visit from Kailua-Kona. They are one of the many roller derby leagues in Hawaii and promote athleticism, good sportswomanship, and female empowerment through the sport of flat-track roller derby.
To learn more about the Echo City Knockouts, visit http://www.echocityknockouts.com
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ocean Safety officials urge public to listen to lifeguards
- Kaiser High School Graduation: Helpful Graduation Info for Guests
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year