Harlem Globetrotters return to Hawaii | Events
Information courtesy of: Brett Meister
After nearly 20 years, the Harlem Globetrotters will return to Hawaii for four games in May as part of their 2012 Championship Tour. Led by Big Easy Lofton, the Globetrotters will visit the islands May 11th, 12th and 13th, with games in Maui, Honolulu and Hilo. Lofton, a 6-9 superstar from New Orleans, recently appeared in two series of the popular CBS-TV program, “The Amazing Race.”
Tickets to see the world’s most famous basketball team are on sale:
May 11, 2012: Maui. Maui War Memorial Gymnasium. 7:00pm
May 12, 2012: Honolulu. Blaisdell Center. 2:00pm and 7:30pm (www.ticketmaster.com)
"The Globetrotters are excited to return to Hawaii and carry on the storied tradition of the world’s most entertaining basketball team,” said Globetrotters CEO Kurt Schneider. “This year’s tour features some of the most talented and promising players from across the world.”
Lofton will be joined on the court by dribbling sensations Handles Franklin and Scooter Christensen; 4-point sharp shooter Buckets Blakes; high-flying dunkers Bones Millien, Bull Bullard and the 2011 College Slam Dunk Champion who sports a 50-inch vertical leap, Hops Tucker; 7-foot rookie Stretch Middleton; and TNT Maddox, the team’s first female player since 1993.Sponsored by Howard Johnson Hotels, Spalding, and Russell Athletic, the Original Harlem Globetrotters are celebrating their 86th consecutive year in 2012, continuing a world famous tradition of ball handling wizardry, basketball artistry and one-of-a-kind family entertainment that continues to thrill fans of all ages.
Throughout their history, the Globetrotters have showcased their iconic talents in 120 countries and territories on six continents, often breaking down cultural and societal barriers while providing fans with their first-ever basketball experience. Proud inductees of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, the Globetrotters have entertained hundreds of millions of fans—among them popes, kings, queens, and presidents—over more than eight thrilling decades.
For the latest news and information about the Harlem Globetrotters, and to purchase tickets and team merchandise, visit the Globetrotters’ official Web site: www.harlemglobetrotters.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Hawaiian Springs Water Expands into Albertsons Markets in California and the Southwest
- Hawaiian Legacy Hardwoods Honored as One of Best Environmental Businesses in World
- Alleged Kapahulu bank robber arrested
- Third Annual “BikeUHM” in tandem with UH Manoa Earth Day Festival
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant