First Insurance Company's Communications Director Brings Home Top Award | Events
FIRST INSURANCE COMPANY'S COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR BRINGS HOME TOP AWARD IN ANNUAL COMMUNICATIONS COMPETITION
Kaela Wasnich, corporate communication specialist at First Insurance Company of Hawaii, is among an elite group of business communicators who earned the highest award in the 2012 "Make Your Mark" Silver Quill Award Competition.
Wasnich's "First Insurance Centennial" entry earned a Silver Quill "Award of Excellence," the top honor given by the International Association of Business Communicators' (IABC) Pacific Plains Region, comprising 20 chapters in 19 states from Wisconsin to Hawaii and Arizona to North Dakota.
More than 6,000 business communicators throughout the region were invited to submit entries in the competition. Of the 36 Silver Quills awarded this year, only 13 were Awards of Excellence.
"We are proud to recognize a very select group of our colleagues who have made their mark by setting and meeting communications objectives that delivered significant, measurable results to their organizations," said Ann Krzmarzick, IABC Silver Quill Awards chair. "First Insurance of Hawaii has shown that they use strategic thinking, creativity and ingenuity to get the job done."
FICOH celebrated its centennial anniversary in 2011, marking 100 years of service to the families and businesses of Hawaii. Since its beginnings in an office above the Gunst Cigar Store at King and Fort streets on August 11, 1911, the company has continually evolved and adapted in order to meet the changing insurance needs of its customers. Wasnich's Silver Quill entry included a host of internal communications created for the company's year-long centennial celebration.
The 2012 Silver Quill Award entries were evaluated by a panel of judges from IABC in Kansas City, many of whom have earned the Accredited Business Communicator (ABC) credential and/or have won IABC Quill awards.
A complete winners' list and examples of the award-winning work can be found at: http://pacificplains.iabc.com/silver-quill-awards/silver_quill_award_win...
Founded on August 11, 1911, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd. is the oldest and largest property and casualty insurer domiciled in Hawaii, with assets of $657.3 million, liabilities of $399.7 million and policyholders' surplus of $257.6 million as of June 30, 2012. First Insurance, a member of the Japan-based Tokio Marine Group, enjoys an "A" (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best Co., whose ratings are widely recognized as a benchmark of an insurer's financial strength. Proud of its broadly experienced, service-oriented staff, First Insurance employs more than 300 insurance professionals and distributes its products through 29 independent general agencies. It has claims personnel on Oahu, Kauai, Maui and the Big Island.
Follow First Insurance on Twitter (@FirstInsHI) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/FirstInsHI).
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day
- Mid-Pacific students aid kids' cancer research with ice cream malasadas sale