Hawaii Students Stand-up for Clean Energy | Environment
Students and community members will rally at the state capital on Tuesday, April 19th in support of a bill that provides residents access to clean energy.
The rally will take place at 12 p.m. thru 12:30 p.m. and Governor Abercrombie will speak to students from 11:15 a.m. thru 11:30.
The bill, called House Bill 1520 SD2, will allow Hawaii citizens the opportunity to lower their cost of living through on-bill financing. Residents can pay for energy efficient upgrades, such as solar and energy-saving appliances on their electric bill by applying the energy savings over time.
Blue Planet Foundation is a non-profit organization that is sponsoring the rally.
For more information, please visit: hawaiivoice.org
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable