Hawaii Students Stand-up for Clean Energy | Environment
Students and community members will rally at the state capital on Tuesday, April 19th in support of a bill that provides residents access to clean energy.
The rally will take place at 12 p.m. thru 12:30 p.m. and Governor Abercrombie will speak to students from 11:15 a.m. thru 11:30.
The bill, called House Bill 1520 SD2, will allow Hawaii citizens the opportunity to lower their cost of living through on-bill financing. Residents can pay for energy efficient upgrades, such as solar and energy-saving appliances on their electric bill by applying the energy savings over time.
Blue Planet Foundation is a non-profit organization that is sponsoring the rally.
For more information, please visit: hawaiivoice.org
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Mall’s Marsha Nadalin Salon + Spa celebrates 20th Anniversary
- See "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" at Hawaii Kai Library on March 18
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- Kani Ka Pila Grille Celebrates Fifth Anniversary
- Volta Industries Launches New Office Location in San Francisco
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food