Hawaii Students Stand-up for Clean Energy | Environment
Students and community members will rally at the state capital on Tuesday, April 19th in support of a bill that provides residents access to clean energy.
The rally will take place at 12 p.m. thru 12:30 p.m. and Governor Abercrombie will speak to students from 11:15 a.m. thru 11:30.
The bill, called House Bill 1520 SD2, will allow Hawaii citizens the opportunity to lower their cost of living through on-bill financing. Residents can pay for energy efficient upgrades, such as solar and energy-saving appliances on their electric bill by applying the energy savings over time.
Blue Planet Foundation is a non-profit organization that is sponsoring the rally.
For more information, please visit: hawaiivoice.org
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Hawaiian Springs Water Expands into Albertsons Markets in California and the Southwest
- Alleged Kapahulu bank robber arrested
- Third Annual “BikeUHM” in tandem with UH Manoa Earth Day Festival
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April