Hawaii Students Stand-up for Clean Energy | Environment
Students and community members will rally at the state capital on Tuesday, April 19th in support of a bill that provides residents access to clean energy.
The rally will take place at 12 p.m. thru 12:30 p.m. and Governor Abercrombie will speak to students from 11:15 a.m. thru 11:30.
The bill, called House Bill 1520 SD2, will allow Hawaii citizens the opportunity to lower their cost of living through on-bill financing. Residents can pay for energy efficient upgrades, such as solar and energy-saving appliances on their electric bill by applying the energy savings over time.
Blue Planet Foundation is a non-profit organization that is sponsoring the rally.
For more information, please visit: hawaiivoice.org
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Republic of Korea Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to Hawaii's Public Libraries
- The Republic of Korean Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to HSPLS
- Mid Pacific Institute Sixth Graders Raising Funds to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Hawaiian Telcom Celebrates Total Entertainment Kiosk Grand Opening
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Raises $3,000 and Restores Land During its Annual “Zip for the Trees” Event