Architects Hawaii Ltd. among the top for green design | Business
Architects Hawaii Ltd. (AHL) is the only firm in Hawaii to be ranked among the nation’s Top 100 Green Design Firms, according to the Engineering News-Record (July 2011).
AHL was ranked 59th on the list which is based on design revenue from registered sustainable projects.
“Green design has evolved into more than an altruistic attitude,” said Bill Brizee, AIA, CSI, CCCA, CDP, LEED®-AP, AHL’s president and chief executive officer. “Sustainability has become part of a company’s strategic ability to think economically and holistically. They realize that resulting savings will impact the environment and how well people live, as well as the bottom line.”
Companies are ranked according to revenue for design services generated in 2010 from projects that have been registered with or certified by a third-party organization—such as the U.S. Green Building Council, Green Building Initiativeand Green Advantage—that sets standards for measuring a facility’s environmental impact, energy efficiency or carbon footprint.
AHL now has a total of 31 accredited professionals, nearly 42 percent of AHL’s staff of 74 in the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) program.
One of Hawai‘i’s largest and oldest architectural firms, Architects Hawaii Ltd. provides architectural, planning and interior design services in the hospitality, commercial retail and office, residential, healthcare, institutional and industrial facilities markets and projects for the Armed Forces. The firm’s portfolio of award-winning projects extends around the globe. Recent notable projects include the Ronald T.Y. Moon Judiciary Complex, Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Kukui‘ula Village and AllureWaikīkī. For more information, visit www.ahldesign.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April
- "Experience Easter" Event at Manoa Valley Church on April 20
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge