Rehabilitation Hospital of The Pacific Foundation Names New Executive Director | Business
Jean Nakanishi has been appointed to the newly created position of executive director of the Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific (REHAB) Foundation. Nakanishi is responsible for providing strategic, financial and operational leadership for the nonprofit foundation. She started at REHAB Foundation in April 2011 as its assistant executive director.
“Jean’s promotion to executive director comes at a very active time for the Foundation,” said Michael W. Perry, REHAB Foundation chairman of the board. “Her expertise in managing the foundation as well as the financial aspects of the ongoing $17.2 million capital campaign will be a critical factor to our success.”
Nakanishi came to REHAB Foundation with over 18 years of experience in management, marketing and operations. Prior to joining REHAB Foundation, she was vice-president of Riggs Distributing, Inc., exclusive distributor of Sub-Zero and Wolf appliances for Northern California, Western Nevada and Hawaii. Her professional career started at the Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea.
Nakanishi received her bachelor of business administration degree with the School of Travel Industry Management at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
Ko Miyataki remains President of the Foundation.
REHAB kicked off its capital campaign last June to support the renovation and rebuilding of the hospital. More than half of the campaign’s goal of $17.2 has been raised, to date. The rebuilding project will upgrade the facility, adding family rooms, healing gardens, transitional apartment rooms and specialized patient rooms, and expanding programs to include a vision center, speech and communication center, driver’s evaluation and rehabilitation programs, and new clinical programs, with enhancements to improve patient safety and comfort. REHAB recently completed its renovation of the fourth floor and is currently working on the third floor.
For more information, visit www.RehabHospital.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia