Kyle Hamada Joins Collaborative Studio LLC as Partner | Business
HONOLULU – www.collabstudio.com – Locally owned Collaborative Studio LLC is pleased to announce that Kyle Hamada has joined the Hawai’i architecture and design firm as a partner and principal architect. In this role, Hamada will personally oversee all phases of project design, production and management for the firm located in Chinatown.
“It gives us great pleasure to welcome Kyle to our firm,” said Cathi Ho Schar, Collaborative Studio Partner. “Kyle’s extensive experience in designing institutional/government, commercial and residential projects will prove beneficial to our existing and new clients as we continue to grow our business.”
Hamada brings more than 20 years of design expertise to the company. He has worked for Urban Works Inc., James McPeak + Associates, AM Partners, and Group 70 International.
Hamada’s design projects have earned him numerous awards from the AIA’s Honolulu Chapter. These include AIA Honolulu 2007 Unbuilt Project Award for the University of Hawai’i Hilo Student Services Building, and AIA Honolulu 2009 Merit Award for Sacred Hearts Academy’s Performing Arts Building. He also has been recognized for his commercial work in designing new dental offices earning the AIA Honolulu Merit Award in 2000, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
In addition to his professional work, Hamada has taught undergraduate and graduate design studio courses at the University of Hawai’i as an adjunct assistant professor. Hamada earned his Bachelor of Architecture from the University of Hawai’i and his Associate Arts degree in Architectural History from the University of Oregon.
Born and raised in Hawai’i, Hamada currently resides in East Oahu.
About Collaborative Studio
Collaborative Studio, LLC is an emerging architecture and interior design firm dedicated to providing modern, relevant, and responsible architecture in Hawaii. Collaborative Studio uniquely offers personal design services by a Principal from schematic design to construction administration, allowing for prompt communication and seamless project execution. Projects vary in scale and type, from sustainable single-family residences to commercial interiors and educational facilities. For more information, visit www.collabstudio.com
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable