Kyle Hamada Joins Collaborative Studio LLC as Partner | Business
HONOLULU – www.collabstudio.com – Locally owned Collaborative Studio LLC is pleased to announce that Kyle Hamada has joined the Hawai’i architecture and design firm as a partner and principal architect. In this role, Hamada will personally oversee all phases of project design, production and management for the firm located in Chinatown.
“It gives us great pleasure to welcome Kyle to our firm,” said Cathi Ho Schar, Collaborative Studio Partner. “Kyle’s extensive experience in designing institutional/government, commercial and residential projects will prove beneficial to our existing and new clients as we continue to grow our business.”
Hamada brings more than 20 years of design expertise to the company. He has worked for Urban Works Inc., James McPeak + Associates, AM Partners, and Group 70 International.
Hamada’s design projects have earned him numerous awards from the AIA’s Honolulu Chapter. These include AIA Honolulu 2007 Unbuilt Project Award for the University of Hawai’i Hilo Student Services Building, and AIA Honolulu 2009 Merit Award for Sacred Hearts Academy’s Performing Arts Building. He also has been recognized for his commercial work in designing new dental offices earning the AIA Honolulu Merit Award in 2000, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
In addition to his professional work, Hamada has taught undergraduate and graduate design studio courses at the University of Hawai’i as an adjunct assistant professor. Hamada earned his Bachelor of Architecture from the University of Hawai’i and his Associate Arts degree in Architectural History from the University of Oregon.
Born and raised in Hawai’i, Hamada currently resides in East Oahu.
About Collaborative Studio
Collaborative Studio, LLC is an emerging architecture and interior design firm dedicated to providing modern, relevant, and responsible architecture in Hawaii. Collaborative Studio uniquely offers personal design services by a Principal from schematic design to construction administration, allowing for prompt communication and seamless project execution. Projects vary in scale and type, from sustainable single-family residences to commercial interiors and educational facilities. For more information, visit www.collabstudio.com
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia