Women's Fund of Hawai`i Appoints New Board Members | Business
Women’s Fund of Hawai`i has announced the appointment of three new members to its board of directors for three-year terms.
The new members are: K. Elizabeth (Beth) Whitehead, executive vice president and chief administrative officer of American Savings Bank; Emalia Pietsch, with the Retail Leasing Services Division at Colliers Monroe Friedlander, Inc.; and Laura Lott, director of community and public relations for Kaiser Permanente Hawaii.
Women’s Fund of Hawai`i is a grant-making organization that focuses on making lasting social change through empowering women and girls in Hawaii. WFH grants address issues such as financial security, safety, self-esteem, adolescent pregnancy, physical and mental health, substance abuse, prostitution, incarceration, immigration status, sexual orientation, inadequate childcare and sports inequalities. To learn more go to www.womensfundhawaii.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable