ROBERT FUNG TO HEAD WESTERN PETROLEUM MARKETERS ASSOCIATION | Business
Becker Communications, Inc.
ROBERT FUNG TO HEAD WESTERN PETROLEUM MARKETERS ASSOCIATION
** Fung is the First Hawaii Executive to Lead WPMA**
HONOLULU, HI (June 25, 2013) – Robert Fung, secretary and general counsel for Aloha Petroleum, Ltd., was recently installed as president of the Western Petroleum Marketers Association. He is the first WPMA president from Hawaii to lead the regional trade association of petroleum wholesalers and marketers. Fung’s term as president begins July 1.
“It’s quite an honor to be selected to lead WPMA, and I’m humbled by the privilege to do so. It will certainly help to boost Hawaii’s profile in the region and reaffirm our contributions to the petroleum industry,” said Fung. Hawaii is the youngest member of WPMA and the smallest of the seven member states.
WPMA was founded in 1953 and is comprised of seven state associations, representing Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Washington. The organization holds an annual state-of-the-art national convention; provides services, benefits, and educational and training resources for members; and keeps them abreast of trends, changes, regulations, and laws affecting the petroleum industry. WPMA also awards college scholarships to deserving graduating high school students whose parents are employed by members of the association.
“During my tenure, I hope to grow and expand the national convention, strengthen benefits, services, and educational programs for members, and help make the scholarship foundation self-sustaining,” Fung added.
Fung has served on the WPMA executive committee for three years, most recently as first vice president. He also served for five years as president of the Hawaii Petroleum Marketers Association, the state-level petroleum industry association comprised of 10 member companies that directly market petroleum products through more than 150 locations across the Islands.
About Aloha Petroleum, Ltd.
Aloha Petroleum, Ltd. is the largest gasoline marketer in the state and a leading convenience store operator with a history in Hawaii that dates back to the early 1900s. Aloha employs approximately 500 Hawaii residents and markets through more than 100 Shell, Aloha, and Mahalo branded fueling stations in the state. Aloha Petroleum was recently ranked 9th among Hawaii’s Top 250 companies by Hawaii Business magazine. More information is available at alohagas.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable