ROBERT FUNG TO HEAD WESTERN PETROLEUM MARKETERS ASSOCIATION | Business
Becker Communications, Inc.
ROBERT FUNG TO HEAD WESTERN PETROLEUM MARKETERS ASSOCIATION
** Fung is the First Hawaii Executive to Lead WPMA**
HONOLULU, HI (June 25, 2013) – Robert Fung, secretary and general counsel for Aloha Petroleum, Ltd., was recently installed as president of the Western Petroleum Marketers Association. He is the first WPMA president from Hawaii to lead the regional trade association of petroleum wholesalers and marketers. Fung’s term as president begins July 1.
“It’s quite an honor to be selected to lead WPMA, and I’m humbled by the privilege to do so. It will certainly help to boost Hawaii’s profile in the region and reaffirm our contributions to the petroleum industry,” said Fung. Hawaii is the youngest member of WPMA and the smallest of the seven member states.
WPMA was founded in 1953 and is comprised of seven state associations, representing Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Washington. The organization holds an annual state-of-the-art national convention; provides services, benefits, and educational and training resources for members; and keeps them abreast of trends, changes, regulations, and laws affecting the petroleum industry. WPMA also awards college scholarships to deserving graduating high school students whose parents are employed by members of the association.
“During my tenure, I hope to grow and expand the national convention, strengthen benefits, services, and educational programs for members, and help make the scholarship foundation self-sustaining,” Fung added.
Fung has served on the WPMA executive committee for three years, most recently as first vice president. He also served for five years as president of the Hawaii Petroleum Marketers Association, the state-level petroleum industry association comprised of 10 member companies that directly market petroleum products through more than 150 locations across the Islands.
About Aloha Petroleum, Ltd.
Aloha Petroleum, Ltd. is the largest gasoline marketer in the state and a leading convenience store operator with a history in Hawaii that dates back to the early 1900s. Aloha employs approximately 500 Hawaii residents and markets through more than 100 Shell, Aloha, and Mahalo branded fueling stations in the state. Aloha Petroleum was recently ranked 9th among Hawaii’s Top 250 companies by Hawaii Business magazine. More information is available at alohagas.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia