Alexander & Bladwin donates large gift to REHAB's capital campaign | Business
Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific (REHAB) Foundation announced today it received $25,000 from Alexander & Baldwin in support of its capital campaign for the renovation of the hospital.
“We are proud to have Alexander & Baldwin supporting the capital campaign efforts of the hospital. They understand the role and relevance of Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific to the people of Hawaii and the Pacific region,” said Janice Luke Loo, REHAB Foundation Capital Campaign co-chair.
REHAB is the only hospital in Hawaii to provide acute rehabilitative care and offers specialized programs such as Cardiac Rehabilitation, Stroke Recovery Center, Women’s Rehab Center, a senior drivers’ safety program and “Back to Life,” an innovative pain reduction and rehabilitative program for wounded soldiers in partnership with the Veterans Administration. It is also investing in breakthrough neuro-robotics technology and equipment.
To date, REHAB Foundation has received more than 80% of the $17.2 million capital campaign goal from private foundations, government, organizations and individuals. The public support phase of the campaign will kick off in conjunction with REHAB’s 60th anniversary later in the year.
REHAB has completed the renovation of the third and fourth patient floors of the hospital and is currently working on the second floor to be completed by the end of 2013. Construction of the lobby and external part of the building and grounds will follow.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April
- "Experience Easter" Event at Manoa Valley Church on April 20
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge