Safeway and Chevron announce joint gas rewards program | Business
Safeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY) and Chevron (NYSE: CVX) announced today a joint Reward Points loyalty program in Hawaii. Customers who earn Gas Rewards by shopping with their Safeway Club Card at Safeway stores will now be able to use their Rewards for up to 20 cents off per gallon when filling up at participating Chevron locations in Hawaii. This loyalty program will help maximize value and savings for both Safeway and Chevron customers through the combination of quality, convenience and rewards.
“Safeway listens to our shoppers and we understand the importance of stretching their grocery dollars and saving at the pump,” said Mir Aamir, president of Customer Loyalty and Digital Technologies at Safeway. “By teaming up with Chevron, we’re able to thank our customers with an innovative rewards program for these two frequent and critical purchases.”
Beyond savings, customers also benefit from the ease with which they can earn and redeem their Gas Rewards. With 20 Safeway stores and over 55 participating Chevron stations in Hawaii, shopping and saving at the pump is now even more convenient.
“We’re confident new and existing customers will be excited to use this rewards program, which teams up two quality brands,” said Cary Knuth, general manager of marketing, sales, and services for Chevron Americas Products. “We wanted to offer customers the opportunity to reap the benefits and product offerings of both Safeway and Chevron.”
Reward Points are easy to earn by purchasing qualifying groceries, gift cards and pharmacy items with a Safeway Club Card and are easy to redeem at participating Chevron locations. For every 100 points earned by shopping at Safeway with a Safeway Club Card shoppers get a 10 cent per gallon Reward. Shoppers can use up to 20 cents per gallon in Rewards on a single fill-up at a participating Chevron location, with a maximum of 25 gallons and a limit of one vehicle per transaction. Reward Points can be earned by shopping at Safeway stores in the following ways:
- For every $1 spent on qualifying grocery purchases, customers receive one point
- By purchasing qualifying gift cards, shoppers receive two points per $1 spent.
- For qualifying purchases made at the pharmacy, customers receive one point for every $1 of out-of-pocket cost, including co-pays.
Customers redeem their Rewards by simply swiping their Safeway Club Card, or by entering their phone number at the pump before fueling up.
The joint Reward Points program is available in Hawaii. See the Reward Points Program Terms and Conditions at safeway.com or in stores for complete details.
Safeway Inc. is a Fortune 100 company and one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America, based on sales. The company operates 1,641 stores in the United States and western Canada and had annual sales of $44.2 billion in 2012. The company's common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SWY. For more information, visit www.safeway.com.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide. The company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; provides energy efficiency solutions; and develops the energy resources of the future, including biofuels. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014