Matson gives to Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific's capital campaign | Business
Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific (REHAB) Foundation announced today it received $25,000 from Matson in support of its capital campaign for the renovation of the hospital.
“Matson is proud to join other corporate leaders in supporting the REHAB Foundation’s 60th anniversary capital campaign,” said Matt Cox, Matson president and CEO. “The Matson Foundation’s $25,000 grant underscores our commitment to REHAB. The planned infrastructure improvements will better serve patients and their families and upgrade the working environment for the medical and professional staff.”
“We are fortunate that companies such as Matson are leading the way. They understand the critical need for a continually improving modern rehabilitation hospital in our community,” said Stanford Carr, REHAB Foundation Capital Campaign co-chair.
REHAB is the only hospital in Hawaii to provide acute rehabilitative care and offers specialized programs such as Cardiac Rehabilitation, Stroke Recovery Center, Women’s Rehab Center, a senior drivers’ safety program and “Back to Life,” an innovative pain reduction and rehabilitative program for wounded soldiers in partnership with the Veterans Administration. It is also investing in breakthrough neuro-robotics technology and equipment.
To date, REHAB Foundation has received over 80% of the $17.2 million capital campaign goal from private foundations, government, organizations and individuals. The public support phase of the campaign will kick off in conjunction with REHAB’s 60th anniversary later in the year.
REHAB has completed the renovation of the third and fourth patient floors of the hospital and is currently working on the second floor to be completed by the end of 2013. Construction of the lobby and external part of the building and grounds will follow.
About Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific Foundation
The Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific Foundation was established in 1984 solely to support the Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific (REHAB), its programs and patients. Gifts from the community allow the REHAB Foundation to enrich and enhance the rehabilitation experience for patients. Funding provides vital support for medical equipment purchases, scholarships, patient care programs and capital improvement projects all with one goal in mind: to maximize each patient's recovery. www.rehabhospital.org
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Koko Marina and Koolau Theaters to show UH Football Games Live
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable