Origami Folding Workshop will be Presented at Hawaii State Library | Arts & Culture
Scott Macri of the Hawaii Origami Club will offer a free “Origami Folding Workshop” at the Hawaii State Library on Saturday, June 18 from 1 p.m.–3:30 p.m. in the First Floor Reading Room.
The workshop is designed for all origami enthusiasts, from beginning to advanced students. Macri will demonstrate how to make a variety of origami models and there will be a question-and-answer session. Paper will be provided and participants can take home their origami creations.
Macri has more than 15 years of origami-folding experience and has created origami with many folding styles such as traditional, complex, wet-folding, unit, modular polyhedra, tessellations, crease patterns, origamics, science, and technology.
This workshop is suitable for ages 12 and older. Contact the Library two weeks in advance if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Hawaii State Library is located at 478 South King Street. For more information, please call the Library at 586-3520 or email Scott Macri at HawaiiOrigamiClub@gmail.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day