HPU's Intercultural Day Celebrates Diversity | Arts & Culture
Students from more than 100 countries attend Hawai'i's largest private university
Hawai'i Pacific University will celebrate its 27th annual Intercultural Day on Friday, April 15, at upper Fort Street Mall. The festivities will be held 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and the event is free and open to the public.
HPU's multicultural student body represents all 50 states and more than 100 countries. Intercultural Day encourages students to share their traditions and customs with the University and the community. The event features exhibit booths, a parade, and performances celebrating HPU's international students and their countries of origin.
Guests will have the opportunity to experience and learn about Cuba, Jamaica, Malaysia, Brazil, Taiwan, Japan, Norway, Nepal, China, Canada, Korea, Philippines, Vietnam, the Middle East, and many more countries.
Exhibits featured from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Exhibit booths with interactive activities, and showcasing cultural photos, educational information, attire and more, will decorate upper Fort Street Mall.
Parade begins at 11:30 a.m. Dressed in home-country attire, students will carry banners and flags representing their countries in a festive parade through downtown Honolulu.
Performances from 1-4 p.m. HPU students will perform traditional dances and music of their countries.
For more information visit www.hpu.edu/intercultural http://www.hpu.edu/intercultural or call (808) 356-5299.
Hawai'i Pacific University is the state's largest private university with more than 8,500 students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries. HPU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, the Council on Social Work Education, and the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014