Learn the "Folk Art of Chinese Knotting" at Kalihi-Palama Library | Arts & Culture
In celebration of National Library Week 2012, Barbara Chung Ho will present the “Folk Art of Chinese Knotting,” a free interactive and customized workshop at Kalihi-Palama Public Library on Monday, April 9 at 6 p.m. in the Auditorium.
Chung Ho, who studied this ancient folk art form in Taiwan, has taught Chinese Knotting to children, teens and adults at Hawaii’s public libraries as well as other venues. She will share a brief history of the folk art form, conduct a step-by-step demonstration on the basic techniques, and then invite the audience to participate. All supplies will be provided.
The 90-minute workshop is limited to 20 teens and adults. Registration is required; please call the Library to register. The program is subject to change.
National Library Week is April 8-14. Join our public libraries and librarians because “You belong @ your library,” this year’s theme chosen by the American Library Association.
The Friends of the Library of Hawaii, Marriott Resorts Hawaii, Ko Olina Hawaii, Meadow Gold Dairies, HMS Host, Hansen Distribution Group, Armstrong Produce, Bowman Connectivity Solutions, Toshiba Business Solutions, Girard’s Dressings, and Roberts Hawaii are sponsoring the National Library Week 2012 programs. Performances featuring Barbara Chung Ho and other artists from the Statewide Cultural Extension Program are co-sponsored by the University of Hawaii at Manoa Outreach College, Hawaii State Foundation on Culture and the Arts, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
Contact the Library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Kalihi-Palama Public Library is located at 1325 Kalihi Street. For more information, please call the Library at 832-3466.
Please visit www.librarieshawaii.org for a listing of other National Library Week programs.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April
- "Experience Easter" Event at Manoa Valley Church on April 20
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge