Jazz at The Plaza Club | Arts & Culture
The Plaza Club and Dancin' Dave Productions invite music lovers to downtown Honolulu to hear a stellar night of jazz, featuring the moving sounds of the Romain Collin Trio with Shawn Conley and Abe Lagrimas, Jr. The Plaza Club's innovative technology allows guests to enjoy the music throughout all spaces on the 21st floor, in addition to the performance lounge.
The event is scheduled at The Plaza Club on Thursday, January 19, 2012, from 6 to 9 p.m. The Plaza Club is located on the top floor of Pioneer Plaza, at 900 Fort Street Mall, in downtown Honolulu.
Romain Collin has toured with Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter and has performed around the world, including Japan and Cyprus. Once the youngest member of the Honolulu Symphony, Honolulu-born Shawn Conley lives in Brooklyn, New York, performing jazz and classical music. Abe Lagrimas, Jr., also originally from Hawaii, has traveled the globe as a versatile multi-instrumentalist and is a member of the South Korean group, Prelude.
Leading up to the concert, guests can enjoy a delicious happy hour menu between 2 and 7 p.m., with a special 50 percent discount on wine. Parking in the building is free after 5 p.m. and dress code is business casual. There is a $10 cover charge for non-members and reservations are recommended.
Opening in 1979, The Plaza Club is Hawaii's premier business and social club, newly renovated and located at the top of Pioneer Plaza in the heart of downtown Honolulu. The club's unparalleled service and breathtaking views make it the ultimate destination for business meetings, special events and downtown pau hana gatherings. The Plaza Club serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers and accommodates all of Honolulu's business, entertaining, and social celebration needs.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Hawaiian Springs Water Expands into Albertsons Markets in California and the Southwest
- Hawaiian Legacy Hardwoods Honored as One of Best Environmental Businesses in World
- Alleged Kapahulu bank robber arrested
- Third Annual “BikeUHM” in tandem with UH Manoa Earth Day Festival
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant