Peace Day 2011: A Call for Peace | Arts & Culture
Peace Day 2011: A Call for Peace
Wednesday, September 21 · 7:00pm - 8:30pm
Honpa Hongwanji Hawaii Betsuin
1727 Pali Highway
This evening of reflections and music shared by representatives of various faiths celebrates our shared dream of Peace in the world. Messages from Bishop Randolph Sykes of the Inclusive Orthodox Church and the Reverend Dr. John Heidel of the Interfaith Alliance will open and close the celebration. In addition, messages from Pastor Kyle Ann Lovett from the Church of the Crossroads and Reverend Bert Sumikawa, Pacific Buddhist Academy Chaplain, will be shared.
The celebration will include Hawaiian Oli, Buddhist chants, Christian hymns, and an opportunity to strike the bell of peace. The evening also commemorates the 5th Anniversary of the establishment of Peace Day in Hawaii as well as remembering the 10th Anniversary of 9/11. This event is sponsored by the Honpa Hongwanji Mission of Hawaii, The Interfaith Alliance of Hawaii, the Pacific Buddhist Academy and Honpa Hongwanji Hawaii Betsuin. For more information please contact the Honpa Hongwanji Mission of Hawaii at 522-9200.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Republic of Korean Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to HSPLS
- Mid Pacific Institute Sixth Graders Raising Funds to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Hawaiian Telcom Celebrates Total Entertainment Kiosk Grand Opening
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Raises $3,000 and Restores Land During its Annual “Zip for the Trees” Event
- Republic of Korea Government Will Donate $45,000 of Korean eBooks to Hawaii's Public Libraries