Peace Day 2011: A Call for Peace | Arts & Culture
Peace Day 2011: A Call for Peace
Wednesday, September 21 · 7:00pm - 8:30pm
Honpa Hongwanji Hawaii Betsuin
1727 Pali Highway
This evening of reflections and music shared by representatives of various faiths celebrates our shared dream of Peace in the world. Messages from Bishop Randolph Sykes of the Inclusive Orthodox Church and the Reverend Dr. John Heidel of the Interfaith Alliance will open and close the celebration. In addition, messages from Pastor Kyle Ann Lovett from the Church of the Crossroads and Reverend Bert Sumikawa, Pacific Buddhist Academy Chaplain, will be shared.
The celebration will include Hawaiian Oli, Buddhist chants, Christian hymns, and an opportunity to strike the bell of peace. The evening also commemorates the 5th Anniversary of the establishment of Peace Day in Hawaii as well as remembering the 10th Anniversary of 9/11. This event is sponsored by the Honpa Hongwanji Mission of Hawaii, The Interfaith Alliance of Hawaii, the Pacific Buddhist Academy and Honpa Hongwanji Hawaii Betsuin. For more information please contact the Honpa Hongwanji Mission of Hawaii at 522-9200.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Ramen Man-Ichi Noodles First U.S. Standalone Store at Windward Mall Food Court
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April
- "Experience Easter" Event at Manoa Valley Church on April 20
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge