Bank of Hawaii OHANA! Series presents Fun with Fables, Sept. 20 at Hawaii Theatre | Arts & Culture
Hawaii Theatre Center opens its Bank of Hawaii OHANA! Series for young audiences with Fun with Fables, a production presented in partnership with ‘O̅hi‘a Productions’ Educational Touring Program.
After a successful tour of preschools this past summer, Fun with Fables comes to the Hawaii Theatre Center stage for one public performance only on Tuesday, September 20 at 6:00 p.m.
Appropriate for children ages pre-K through grade 3, this production brings three of Aesop’s favorite fables – The Fox and the Stork, The Lion and the Mouse and The Ant and the Grasshopper – vividly to life with Lisa Matsumoto’s engaging script and original music and lyrics by Roslyn Catracchia. Songs, games and a cast of vibrant characters played by ‘O̅hi‘a ‘veterans’ Dusty Behner, Angela Gosalvez, Royce Okazaki and Sara Robertson will educate and delight young audience members while underlining the importance of friendship, sharing and responsibility. Fun with Fables is directed and choreographed by Reiko Ho; set, costume and prop design is by Michael Furuya.
Ticket prices are ‘family friendly’, too, at $5, $7 and $10; children under 4 years are FREE. Call the Hawaii Theatre Box Office at 528-0506 or visit hawaiitheatre.com for more information and tickets.
The Bank of Hawaii OHANA! Series also includes three other productions: HOT Opera Express traveling production of Aida (November 2), Androcles and the Lion, by Aurand Harris (March 10 & 11, 2012), and Hawaii Theatre Young Actors Ensemble production of Shakespeare’s Macbeth (April 27 & 28, 2012).
A $50,000 grant from Bank of Hawaii Foundation supports the OHANA! Series as well as other educational programming at Hawaii Theatre Center over the next two years, including the Theatre’s student matinee series; the Hawaii Theatre Young Actors Ensemble, the Junior Ensemble and the Technical Theatre Apprenticeship programs.
Hawaii Theatre Center’s educational programming is also supported by ABC Stores, The Bretzlaff Foundation, City and County of Honolulu, Olivia De Jane, McInerny Foundation, Nordstrom and the State Foundation on Culture and the Arts.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014