Easter Events Will Be Offered at Selected Public Libraries on Oahu and Maui | Arts & Culture
The Hawaii State Public Library System (HSPLS) will offer free Easter-themed programs and events in 2013 at selected public libraries on Oahu and Maui:
- March 19, 6:30 p.m. – “Easter Eggs and Bunny Tales” at Kahuku Public & School Library. Children ages 3 and older, accompanied by a parent or caregiver, are invited to hear bunny tales and create extraordinary Easter eggs. Learn various techniques and explore your creative instincts. This program is limited to 35 children. Registration is requested; please sign-up at the circulation desk or call the Library at 293-8935.
- March 23, 10:05 a.m. – “Easter Egg Hunt” at Kihei Public Library. Children ages 5 and younger, accompanied by a parent or caregiver, are invited to bring their own basket to search for colorful plastic eggs containing one small surprise (sticker, chocolate, temporary tattoo) in the Children’s area. Older siblings may accompany their little brothers or sisters on this Easter Egg Hunt with the understanding that the event is for very young children. The Kay A. Edwards Memorial Fund is sponsoring this special Easter event. For more information, call the Library at 875-6833.
- March 28, 10 a.m. – “‘Clifford’s First Easter’ and Easter Egg Hunt” at Makawao Public Library. Children ages 3 and older, accompanied by a parent or caregiver, are invited to hear Aunty Ninfa read “Clifford’s First Easter” and other stories by author Norman Bridwell, featuring Clifford the Big Red Dog. Craft activities in the Children’s Section and an Easter Egg Hunt on the front lawn will follow. For more information, call the Library at 573-8785.
- March 30, 10 a.m. – “Easter Story Time and Egg Hunt” at Waialua Public Library. Children ages 3 and older, accompanied by a parent or caregiver, are invited to experience an Easter-themed story time with Aunty Pam and Elfi in the Children’s Section followed by an Easter Egg Hunt in the Library. For more information, call the Library at 637-8286.
- March 30, 10:30 a.m. – “See Live Bunny Rabbits @ the Library” at Kapolei Public Library. Zachary Johnson of Zac’s Rabbitry will introduce some of his pet rabbits and discuss how to care for them, in the Library’s 2013 Spring Reading Program Finale event. This program is suitable for children ages 3 and older, accompanied by a parent or caregiver. For more information, call the Library at 693-7050.
Please contact the hosting library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed for these programs or events.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free July Events and Screening of "Lego Movie"
- WAIKIKI AQUARIUM’S DISTINGUISHED LECTURE SERIES TO SHINE SPOTLIGHT ON THE CONTEMPORARY CHALLENGE OF
- CBP Raises More Than $44,000 for Aloha United Way's 2014 Pacesetter Campaign
- Hale Kipa receives a $100,000 grant from the Hau‘oli Mau Loa Foundation for "Paws for a Cause"
- Chris Deuchar Returns to Hale Kipa’s Board of Directors
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager