Easter Events Will Be Offered at Selected Public Libraries on Oahu and Maui | Arts & Culture
The Hawaii State Public Library System (HSPLS) will offer free Easter-themed programs and events in 2013 at selected public libraries on Oahu and Maui:
- March 19, 6:30 p.m. – “Easter Eggs and Bunny Tales” at Kahuku Public & School Library. Children ages 3 and older, accompanied by a parent or caregiver, are invited to hear bunny tales and create extraordinary Easter eggs. Learn various techniques and explore your creative instincts. This program is limited to 35 children. Registration is requested; please sign-up at the circulation desk or call the Library at 293-8935.
- March 23, 10:05 a.m. – “Easter Egg Hunt” at Kihei Public Library. Children ages 5 and younger, accompanied by a parent or caregiver, are invited to bring their own basket to search for colorful plastic eggs containing one small surprise (sticker, chocolate, temporary tattoo) in the Children’s area. Older siblings may accompany their little brothers or sisters on this Easter Egg Hunt with the understanding that the event is for very young children. The Kay A. Edwards Memorial Fund is sponsoring this special Easter event. For more information, call the Library at 875-6833.
- March 28, 10 a.m. – “‘Clifford’s First Easter’ and Easter Egg Hunt” at Makawao Public Library. Children ages 3 and older, accompanied by a parent or caregiver, are invited to hear Aunty Ninfa read “Clifford’s First Easter” and other stories by author Norman Bridwell, featuring Clifford the Big Red Dog. Craft activities in the Children’s Section and an Easter Egg Hunt on the front lawn will follow. For more information, call the Library at 573-8785.
- March 30, 10 a.m. – “Easter Story Time and Egg Hunt” at Waialua Public Library. Children ages 3 and older, accompanied by a parent or caregiver, are invited to experience an Easter-themed story time with Aunty Pam and Elfi in the Children’s Section followed by an Easter Egg Hunt in the Library. For more information, call the Library at 637-8286.
- March 30, 10:30 a.m. – “See Live Bunny Rabbits @ the Library” at Kapolei Public Library. Zachary Johnson of Zac’s Rabbitry will introduce some of his pet rabbits and discuss how to care for them, in the Library’s 2013 Spring Reading Program Finale event. This program is suitable for children ages 3 and older, accompanied by a parent or caregiver. For more information, call the Library at 693-7050.
Please contact the hosting library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed for these programs or events.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia
- DCK Pacific Construction celebrates 75 years of doing business in Hawaii