No trash, recycling pickup on New Year's Day | Shopping & Services
The City's Department of Environmental Services wants to remind the public that trash will not be picked up on New Year's Day.
Residents that use the three-cart collection system with a once-a-week refuse and once-a-week recycling pickup are asked to leave their gray carts curbside to be picked up Monday or Tuesday. Residents should leave their gray carts out until they are serviced.
Recycling days that fall on a Saturday will not be picked up. Residents should hang on to mixed recyclables and green waste for the next scheduled pickup date.
Residents who are on a twice-a-week refuse collection and have a pickup date that falls on New Year's Day are asked to hold their items for the next scheduled pickup.
All City Convenience Centers, Transfer Stations, H-POWER and Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be closed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Mall’s Marsha Nadalin Salon + Spa celebrates 20th Anniversary
- See "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" at Hawaii Kai Library on March 18
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- Volta Industries Launches New Office Location in San Francisco
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer