No trash, recycling pickup on New Year's Day | Shopping & Services
The City's Department of Environmental Services wants to remind the public that trash will not be picked up on New Year's Day.
Residents that use the three-cart collection system with a once-a-week refuse and once-a-week recycling pickup are asked to leave their gray carts curbside to be picked up Monday or Tuesday. Residents should leave their gray carts out until they are serviced.
Recycling days that fall on a Saturday will not be picked up. Residents should hang on to mixed recyclables and green waste for the next scheduled pickup date.
Residents who are on a twice-a-week refuse collection and have a pickup date that falls on New Year's Day are asked to hold their items for the next scheduled pickup.
All City Convenience Centers, Transfer Stations, H-POWER and Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be closed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- CBP Agents Rank Among NRT LLC's Top Sales Associates for First Quarter 2014
- Free Limited-Edition Summer Tote at Kahala Mall During July Gift With Purchase event
- Spike in Luxury Home Market Sales on Oahu in May
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014
- Celebrate the tattoos you love and clear the ones you regret at InkOff.MD on National Tattoo Day