No trash, recycling pickup on New Year's Day | Shopping & Services
The City's Department of Environmental Services wants to remind the public that trash will not be picked up on New Year's Day.
Residents that use the three-cart collection system with a once-a-week refuse and once-a-week recycling pickup are asked to leave their gray carts curbside to be picked up Monday or Tuesday. Residents should leave their gray carts out until they are serviced.
Recycling days that fall on a Saturday will not be picked up. Residents should hang on to mixed recyclables and green waste for the next scheduled pickup date.
Residents who are on a twice-a-week refuse collection and have a pickup date that falls on New Year's Day are asked to hold their items for the next scheduled pickup.
All City Convenience Centers, Transfer Stations, H-POWER and Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be closed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Hawaii teen heads to California, battles rare disease
- HMSA Farmers market begins Friday, July 11
- See Free Screening of "The Lego Movie" at Hawaii Kai Library on July 16
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free July Events and Screening of "Lego Movie"
- WAIKIKI AQUARIUM’S DISTINGUISHED LECTURE SERIES TO SHINE SPOTLIGHT ON THE CONTEMPORARY CHALLENGE OF
- CBP Raises More Than $44,000 for Aloha United Way's 2014 Pacesetter Campaign
- Hale Kipa receives a $100,000 grant from the Hau‘oli Mau Loa Foundation for "Paws for a Cause"
- Chris Deuchar Returns to Hale Kipa’s Board of Directors
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager