No trash, recycling pickup on New Year's Day | Shopping & Services
The City's Department of Environmental Services wants to remind the public that trash will not be picked up on New Year's Day.
Residents that use the three-cart collection system with a once-a-week refuse and once-a-week recycling pickup are asked to leave their gray carts curbside to be picked up Monday or Tuesday. Residents should leave their gray carts out until they are serviced.
Recycling days that fall on a Saturday will not be picked up. Residents should hang on to mixed recyclables and green waste for the next scheduled pickup date.
Residents who are on a twice-a-week refuse collection and have a pickup date that falls on New Year's Day are asked to hold their items for the next scheduled pickup.
All City Convenience Centers, Transfer Stations, H-POWER and Waimanalo Gulch Sanitary Landfill will be closed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Twilight Tribute to the Troops!
- USO calls on Hawaii this summer to fire up their grills in support of the troops
- Ocean Safety officials urge public to listen to lifeguards
- Kaiser High School Graduation: Helpful Graduation Info for Guests
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members