Lane closure due to Gas Company repair work on Iwilei Road | Transportation
A traffic alert for drivers in the Iwilei area.
Iwilei Road, between Sumner and Pacific Streets, will be partially closed from 3 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Jan. 18 and 19.
The Gas Company is performing emergency repair work on its underground utility pipeline which will close the right makai-bound lane and the contra-flow of traffic near the construction area.
Police officers will be on site with sign boards to direct traffic near the construction site. Motorists are advised to take an alternate route and allow for extra time to reach their destination.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Hawaiian Springs Water Expands into Albertsons Markets in California and the Southwest
- Hawaiian Legacy Hardwoods Honored as One of Best Environmental Businesses in World
- Alleged Kapahulu bank robber arrested
- Third Annual “BikeUHM” in tandem with UH Manoa Earth Day Festival
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant