GOP pushes for Say | Politics
House Republican Gene Ward called on Democrats in the state house Monday to get organized and reiterated that house Republicans are supporting Democrat Calvin Say for house speaker.
In a statement, Ward says:
"With our eight Republican votes, Rep. Calvin Say has seven more votes than necessary to keep the legislature from slowly shutting down which it has been for the past 10 weeks of gridlock."
Say would have to accept the Republican vote to retain leadership or find one more vote in the Democratic party.
The 2011 legislative session begins on Jan. 19.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Republic of Korea Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to Hawaii's Public Libraries
- The Republic of Korean Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to HSPLS
- Mid Pacific Institute Sixth Graders Raising Funds to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Hawaiian Telcom Celebrates Total Entertainment Kiosk Grand Opening
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Raises $3,000 and Restores Land During its Annual “Zip for the Trees” Event