GOP pushes for Say | Politics
House Republican Gene Ward called on Democrats in the state house Monday to get organized and reiterated that house Republicans are supporting Democrat Calvin Say for house speaker.
In a statement, Ward says:
"With our eight Republican votes, Rep. Calvin Say has seven more votes than necessary to keep the legislature from slowly shutting down which it has been for the past 10 weeks of gridlock."
Say would have to accept the Republican vote to retain leadership or find one more vote in the Democratic party.
The 2011 legislative session begins on Jan. 19.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heed the call of the wild and support the Honolulu Zoo Society at Zoofari 2014
- Oahu's Luxury Home Market Continues Upward Trend in July
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center Sounds Off 10th Annual Summer Concert Series With Maunalua, August 23
- Honolulu Little League All Stars need your help
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable