GOP pushes for Say | Politics
House Republican Gene Ward called on Democrats in the state house Monday to get organized and reiterated that house Republicans are supporting Democrat Calvin Say for house speaker.
In a statement, Ward says:
"With our eight Republican votes, Rep. Calvin Say has seven more votes than necessary to keep the legislature from slowly shutting down which it has been for the past 10 weeks of gridlock."
Say would have to accept the Republican vote to retain leadership or find one more vote in the Democratic party.
The 2011 legislative session begins on Jan. 19.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- HUGS Receives $24,000 from Forever Giving for Emergency Airfare Assistance to Seriously Ill Keiki
- Mariah Williams Captures Speech Title
- CENTRAL PACIFIC BANK’S ‘WALKS FOR YOU’ RAISES $100,454 TO BENEFIT FOUR LOCAL NONPROFITS
- McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii Awards $25,000 in Scholarships to Ten Employee-Scholars
- Registration Open for John R. Wooden Basketball Camp, June 3 - 6