GOP pushes for Say | Politics
House Republican Gene Ward called on Democrats in the state house Monday to get organized and reiterated that house Republicans are supporting Democrat Calvin Say for house speaker.
In a statement, Ward says:
"With our eight Republican votes, Rep. Calvin Say has seven more votes than necessary to keep the legislature from slowly shutting down which it has been for the past 10 weeks of gridlock."
Say would have to accept the Republican vote to retain leadership or find one more vote in the Democratic party.
The 2011 legislative session begins on Jan. 19.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014