GOP pushes for Say | Politics
House Republican Gene Ward called on Democrats in the state house Monday to get organized and reiterated that house Republicans are supporting Democrat Calvin Say for house speaker.
In a statement, Ward says:
"With our eight Republican votes, Rep. Calvin Say has seven more votes than necessary to keep the legislature from slowly shutting down which it has been for the past 10 weeks of gridlock."
Say would have to accept the Republican vote to retain leadership or find one more vote in the Democratic party.
The 2011 legislative session begins on Jan. 19.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fun, Food, Games, Music and More at the Friends of Wai‘alae School Fun Fair March 8
- Kahala Mall welcomes Quiksilver Board Room
- SEED Sprouts a New Dining Experience in the Heart of Kaimuki
- EXCLUSIVE: Teacher's aide investigated for stabbing student with pencil
- Gee Yung Martial Arts to perform lion dance at Koko Marina Center
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia
- DCK Pacific Construction celebrates 75 years of doing business in Hawaii